The Family Law Offices of Joel S. Seidel serve clients throughout the Greater Los Angeles area, San Fernando Valley, and Ventura County.
I am Joel S. Seidel, an experienced lawyer and certified specialist in family law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. As a Los Angeles family law and divorce lawyer, I have the capacity to represent clients in a broad spectrum of legal matters, including:
- Divorce: I represent clients in contested and uncontested divorces.
- High-asset divorce: I have the capacity to handle even the most complex and sophisticated divorce matters, including the division of complex assets.
- Relocation and child move-aways: I represent clients who are subject to existing court orders, helping them when the other parent of their children seeks to move out of the state of California or out of their local area. Conversely, I represent clients who seek to relocate.
- Dissolution of domestic partnerships and relationships: I represent clients in the end of non-marital relationships as well as divorces.
- Pre-marital and post-marital agreements: I draft, review and litigate prenups and postnups for clients throughout Los Angeles and Ventura County.
- Child custody and visitation: I assist with determination of child custody and visitation in divorce and paternity actions. I also modify and enforce existing court orders.
- Paternity:I represent parties in paternity matters, protecting the interests of mothers and fathers in a non-marital relationship.
- Child support and spousal support: I help establish and negotiate child support and spousal support orders/agreements between parties. I also help enforce and modify existing orders.
- Modification and enforcement of orders: I represent people who are subject to existing court orders, assisting in modification and enforcement of those orders.
- Domestic violence and restraining orders: I represent clients facing abuse or allegations of abuse.
- Division of property :I protect my clients' interests in matters related to the division of property and debt in divorce.
- Division of debt: Marital debt is subject to property division in divorce, just as assets are.
Serving families in the San Fernando Valley, including Van Nuys, Woodland Hills, Northridge, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Camarillo, Fillmore, Moorpark, Newbury Park, Ojai, Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Santa Paula, Simi Valley, Thousand Oaks, and Westlake Village.
Our Century City office serves clients throughout Los Angeles and Ventura County including Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Brentwood, Westwood and Hollywood.
Our goals are to protect our clients' interests and to get the client the best possible outcome for that client's particular situation. Our attorneys are further experienced in negotiation and can often reach negotiated resolutions without the necessity of a court hearing.
Contact a California Family Law Attorney
To schedule a confidential consultation with a Los Angeles family law and divorce lawyer, call us at (818) 832-7850 or contact us online.